Installation Instructions For 144 pin SODIMM
These instructions provide general installation and handling information
for 144-pin SODIMM memory. These instructions are intended to be
used in conjunction with your model-specific owner's manual.
NOTE: Before touching any electronic components, make sure
you are properly grounded. By wearing a wrist strap (or using some
other type of static control device), you can prevent static electricity
stored on your body or clothing from damaging your installation.
- Always turn off your computer and remove the rechargeable battery pack before
installing your Kingston memory.
- Insert the module into the socket at a slight angle (approximately 30 degrees).
Note that the socket and module are both keyed, which means the module can
be installed one way only.
- To seat the module into the socket, apply firm, even pressure to each end
of the module (see the arrows) until you feel it slip down into the socket.
If you are having problems getting the module to seat properly, try rocking
the module up and down slightly, while continuing to apply pressure.
- ? When properly seated, the contact fingers on the edge of the module
will almost completely disappear inside the socket.
- With the module properly seated in the socket, rotate the
module downward, as indicated in the illustration. Continue
pressing downward until the clips at each end of the socket
lock into position. With most sockets, you will hear a distinctive
CLICK, indicating the module is correctly locked into position.
- Once the module or modules have been installed, the computer?s cover can
- Reinstall the rechargeable battery pack and any cables disconnected during
the installation process.
- Turn on the computer and follow the instructions in your computer owner?s
manual that describe the steps necessary to allow your computer to recognize
the newly installed memory.